Our Strategic Vision helps us ensure the next decade in the life of our diocese is fruitful and God-honoring, and orients us to accomplish specific goals. These goals are to plant 100 churches in the next 10 years, and recruit, train and develop 200 future leaders for C4SO and the Anglican Church in North America. In 2017, we have made significant process toward these goals. Raising up new leaders always precedes starting new works, and as you can see, we are well on our way. Thanks be to God!
We will continue on this course in 2018. Clergy and lay leaders, we urge each of you to participate according to your gifts and calling. Together, we can answer this call to plant 100 new churches and raise up 200 new leaders in the next 10 years.
5/5 Investment Strategy
Part of our Strategic Vision is a 5/5 investment strategy—a direct investment in raising up new leaders and planting churches. Last year, we asked each of our churches to give 5% to C4SO to help direct the centralized aspects of our mission, and spend the other 5% on mission in your local area. That’s because we believe mission happens best with local impetus, discernment and knowledge—where money and personnel resources can be guided by local people. This 5/5 strategy is powerful because it allows us to do the work of a missional movement, not an institution, fomenting the kind of missional activities that can only happen locally. We chose this model because 50% of our diocesan budget goes directly to mission. That’s our heart.
We are currently receiving 4% from churches—a 1% increase from last year—and investing it right back into equipping clergy and congregations for mission. We share leadership and expertise, and come alongside our leaders with mentorship, tools and training. We’re continuing the awesome but challenging task of staying connected across 10 states—live and online—and providing our clergy with an enduring sense of community.
Get Involved in 2018
Next year promises to be a big one for C4SO, and we need strong leaders in several areas.
- We need Executive Leadership Team members from congregations in the NorCal and Southeast Deaneries.
- We have one spot still available for our delegation to the June 2018 Provincial Council meeting in Jerusalem.
- We need prayer warriors for our Church Planting and Rural Church teams.
If you would like to help in any of these ways, please contact Canon Kimberley Pfeiler.
Looking Back at 2017
See the faces and places that make up our Diocese.
- We celebrated our 2017 growth and progress—helped fund 10 church plants, welcomed 29 new clergy members, confirmed 202 people and started three new church plants
- We shared progress on our 5/5 budget resulting in more local missional investment.
- We celebrated the development and implementation of C4SO’s Child Protection Program.
- Representatives from each congregation voted on key topics for 2018.
We would love to hear your thoughts about our Diocese and how we can better serve you.
C4SO’s vision is to plant new Kingdom-minded, Spirit-filled Anglican churches and to launch new dioceses that would be a home for these churches. Your donations will be granted directly to a church plant or church planter unless otherwise designated.